Are you ready to get dirty? New scandinavian map is coming into Virtual-O beta branch!
This area is dominated by large wetlands and sparse low-growing pine trees with good visibility
Size of terrain is 2x2km
What do you mean with beta branch?
Some brave users wants to see new stuff ASAP. They are willing to accept some discomfort caused by rougher state of the build.
Well and beta branch is for them. If you want to have relative stable game in early access state. Than default branch is for you and you don’t
need to read further.
But if you would like to try new map and features ASAP. And you will accept all discomfort, than please read further.
Of course all your testing wouldn’t be efficient if you wouldn’t report your bugs or ideas. So please send them to email specified in main menu.
Take is as first draft of the map. Everything is open for change based on feedback.
And remember I have warned you… 🙂
How to switch Virtual-O to beta branch?
1. Right click on Virtual-O in Steam library. Choose Properties -> Betas
2. Pick beta branch in beta dropdown
3. New build will start to download
It contains new Landvetter-Tahult map. Map conversion is not yet fully finished, see change log for further info. Performance could be worse on some systems. As I was forced to upgrade game engine version and performance of some parts were worse than on older version.
- Apart from adding new map of course
- Added validation for bounds when creating elements for symbol map. Simply only used part of the OCAD map is converted.
- Replaced SMAA with TAA
- Added Screen Space Shadows
- Major update of game engine version (in paradox game could be slower in some cases)
- Made control 25% bigger
- Optimized 4.9KB garbage allocation per frame
- Improved world globe performance
- Added Objects Streamer
- Optimized image effects into one uber effect
- Added optimization for multiterrain rendering (specially for Landvetter and Kingdom of Webs)
- Added terrain culling distance slider. It specifies distance on which whole terrain will be culled.
- Added runtime spawning of tree colliders (used for Landvetter)
- Fixed “floating” pines in Lada
- Removed annoying tooltips which where showing on picking of value.
Known issues in Landvetter:
- Jittering of hand and compass while looking to map
- Disabling objects streamer is available just for debugging purposes. It will be removed in future to secure fair conditions for all.
- Some cliffs are too flat
Some symbols are not yet converted:
- 302 Pond
- 304 Uncrossable river
- 421 Fallen trees
- 505 Vehicle track (just simple conversion without special texture)
- 516 Powerline
- 519 Stone wall
- 522 Fence
- 526 Building