Today I would like to explain some competitions/courses concepts.
Virtual-O has two different types of courses. Local and Online.
- it’s stored locally on your computer
- you can create local course in course builder
- course conditions are free to edit. So you can change game mode, weather, toggle map assistants etc like you want
- if you will run it result will be not uploaded/stored on the cloud
- online course is basically a local course that was uploaded to cloud. Other players are than able to download it and compete with others
- course setter will set conditions that will be enforced for all players in first run. For example Normal game mode (2x faster than reality), no compass, foggy weather etc
- your first run is uploaded/stored on the cloud so you can compare your results with other players
- to ensure fair conditions for all players, you cannot change course conditions in first run
- after finishing your first run Re-run option will appear. In Re-run course conditions are free to edit
Please note that re-run result wouldn’t be uploaded to cloud. As only first run offers fair conditions for all players.
Here is screenshot of selected course which is ready to perform your first run. It has status Ready and type Online. Conditions are greyed out as they are read-only.
In second screenshot I have selected course where only Re-run is available. Its status is Rerun and type Online. Conditions are now editable.